IFA is an independent European non-profit organisation, established in 2005. Its members are University institutions, research institutes, companies and associations related to food from 59 countries and 5 continents. This network is existing for more than 20 years and has among their members’ experts available in almost all food-related fields to carry out training also in different languages.
IFA is developing and carrying out activities connected to food such as:
- working towards the quality assurance of food studies
- tuning and accrediting curricula and certifying training activities on an international level
- developing teaching materials and teaching methods
- promoting synergies between research, education/teaching, industry and authorities
- development of a virtual community of experts in the field of food with communication to the general
- establishment of a framework of agreements among partners, fostering the mobility of students and staff, stimulating the development of further related projects, cooperation in the implementation of quality criteria in the food chain
IFA offers sector-specific accreditation and certification services for Food Study programmes and short courses on an international level.
IFA maintains databases on:
- teaching materials
IFA organizes international conferences tailored workshops and training courses and offers services for scientific event management.
IFA maintains an e-learning platform, organizes webinars and edits an open e-journal.