Agronutritional Cooperation of the Region of Central Macedonia (ACRCM)
ACRCM is a civil non-profit organization, that has been formed by 18 institutions. The organization initiated by the Region of Central Macedonia, who is also the major shareholder (47%). The consortium consists of six municipalities of the region of Central Macedonia, the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, the American Farm School of Thessaloniki, the Federation of Industries of Greece, the Chamber of Commerce of the Regional Units of Serres and Halkidiki, the Union of Agricultural Cooperatives of Thessaloniki, the Greek Exporter’s Association, The Association of Wine Producers of the Vineyards of Northern Greece SA, the Hotel Association of Halkidiki, the Gaia Business SA and the Central Vegetable Market Traders Association of Thessaloniki.
The mission of the consortium is to highlight the priorities of the primary sector and the agrofood processing sector of the Region of Central Macedonia|RCM, as well as to create the framework and the network that will assist the promotion of the agrofood products of the region, the penetration into new markets and the identification of new products that have to be developed.
Research, support and implementation of innovations and actions in the agrofood sector are the main objectives. ACRCM collaborates with all stakeholders of the agrofood sector in order to promote abbreviation, productivity and efficiency in the agrofood system of RCM. It is also the strategic advisor of the Region of Central Macedonia regarding implementation policies of the specific sector.
– Bilateral Contacts at national and international level with relevant organizations, businesses, regional authorities or other national entities for the promotion of the agrofood products of the region.
– Cooperation with organizations (universities, chambers, public authorities and organizations, private companies, cooperatives and associations) in Greek and European level, to jointly promote common objectives and exchange of information, ideas, experiences.
– Design and elaborate training programmes (including modern trends and techniques) to increase the competitiveness of the businesses in the region and development of specialized and high added value human resources.
– Enhancing employment growth and income in the agrofood sector resulting to the improved quality of life of the people involved.
– The interconnection of rural and tourism sector of Central Macedonia.
– Constant study and monitoring of agricultural products (raw and processed) regarding the production, processing and distribution in order to have a complete and updated picture to support strategic decisions and policies.
– Conducting market research and informing members about consumer and market trends and continuous monitoring of product prices, both locally, nationally and globally.
– Any other related to the aforementioned action that aims to promote the consumption of products produced in Central Macedonia.
64, 26th Oktovriou str|546 27|Thessaloniki|Greece
T: + 30 2313 330 306 | F: + 30 2313 330 007